What is the purpose of the News Tab?
The news tab is there so that you can:
- Keep up with the latest changes on JW.org and news items posted there
- Keep up with the latest Watchtower and Awake! magazines as they made available on the website.
- Easily download the magazines to other apps (EPUB and PDF)
- Easily listen to the audio for the magazines (MP3)
The News module works by subscribing to RSS feeds from JW.org and to Podcasts. You can customise the RSS feeds and Podcasts subscribed to from Admin > News. Add as many as you like - Equipd will just aggregate the news items together and sort them by date.
- Only the first "JW.org" list of news items is included in the "unread items" counter that appears on the main News tab.
- You can change the size of the items in the News list in Admin > News.
- If you are learning another language you could subscribe to the News and Podcasts in that language and load the latest news and magazines in multiple languages side-by-side. Read more here.
- If you only download EPUB files and not PDF files (or visa-versa) then just remove the Podcast that you do not want. Read more here.
- You can mark all items as Read or Unread in the action menu - click the button top/right of the list of news items. You can read more about this here.
Sample screenshots of the News module: